Monday, May 4, 2009

Thinning Nectarine Tree

It has been almost a month since I wrote about our nectarine tree. Our neighbor Ed came by and checked on the tree and suggested to thin the tree. Yes, the branches were draping like willows. It was gettig heavy with lots of nectarines.

So, over the weekend, I searched over the web and found this eHow article) and tried it myself. It looked to me that there were fewer nectarines than last year, but that may be due to the fact that we picked many what appeared-to-be--olives-but-then-turned-out-to-be-nectarines early on to cure them (yes^^;) last year. Maybe that did well on the tree accidentaly. Anyway I managed to take out about 50 of them. May not be enough but we'll see.

Of course gG came by and enjoyed watching me puzzlingly taking out some of the nectarines. Such a cutie.

No comments: